Bootcamp 2.0 - Take Charge of Your Learning
9:00am - 3:00pm
A hands-on workshop for students, teachers, parents, librarians, administrators, and anyone else. The focus is on how to use Web 2.0 and social media for your personal, educational, and professional growth. Bootcamp 2.0 is about "hacking" - the word "hack" has a couple of cultural connotations: first, it means to find a way to do something that may not be fancy, but gets the job done; second, it can mean an attempt to subvert the existing system. There's something of both in what we do during this workshop. We'll walk through building a personal learning network, creating your online personal learning environment, managing your digital profile, and cultivating your personal passions and life purposes. If the goal of education is learning how to learn, then students and adults alike face similar challenges and unique opportunities, and this is a chance to define your own independent learning environment and your personal educational or career resources.
- Lunch is not included, bring your own or go out during break
- Check the "schedule" page for dates/cities and specific meeting places.
- You do not need to RSVP to attend.
- You will need to bring a laptop computer that you know how to use and that has the ability to connect to a wireless network.
- The event is free, but donations are enormously appreciated!